CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Robin van Persie blasts team mates over Manchester United's 2 - 0 loss to Olympiakos

. . No comments:

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie was fuming at his teammates' positioning in their 2-0 defeat to Greek outfit Olympiacos in their first-leg Round of 16 Champions League tie on Tuesday evening.
The Dutchman blamed his fellow players for infringing upon his areas on the pitch, causing him to adjust his game and be out of position.

"Our fellow players are sometimes occupying the spaces I want to play in,” the United forward told Dutch TV channel NOS after the match. “And when I see that it makes it difficult for me to come to those spaces as well.


“So that forces me to adjust my runs, based on the position of my fellow players. And unfortunately, they're often playing in my zones. I think that's a shame."Van Persie refused to blame manager David Moyes for the defeat, calling upon the players to lift their game themselves.

“It's easy to point the finger at someone, but I'm not like that,” he said. “We have to do better ourselves."

"It was much too slow today and we only had one shot on target in the whole match against Olympiakos, which is far too little. Everyone is very disappointed."

The 30-year-old believes his side can still do the business when they meet the Greek Champions in the second leg at Old Trafford next month.

"It is still possible, because with all due respect to Olympiacos, we should be able to win 3-0 at home," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment